It was Einstein who said that “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough”, but we doubt he’d many conversations about marketing attribution. In an attempt to prove him right, however, The Fusion Analytics team have written a four part series of guides aimed at explaining in simple terms how to track customer attribution.
This stems from the team’s many (many) conversations with clients and prospects on the subject of attribution and the confusion that often surrounds the subject.
Typically that confusion centres around these 3 areas:
- What marketing attribution really means
- Varying approaches to attribution and the impact of missing data
- Perception that there is just true answer or one ‘off the shelf’ approach
Building an attribution framework that meets your business needs
The first guide – Building an attribution framework that meets your business needs – goes back to basics to reveal the foundation stones which make an attribution framework truly effective.
- Understanding the customer buying nuances for different types of brands and purchases
- Broadening the traditional marketing channel evaluation methods and approaches
- Questions that should be at the heart of a robust and effective attribution framework
- Setting the right objectives to measure your marketing channels’ effectiveness
- Rethinking the marketing budgeting process as a result
Along the way the guide features helpful examples and checklists to enable you to evaluate and enhance your own attribution framework.
Download a copy of the Guide here:
More to come
Also look out in the coming months for the next guides in this series. These will explain further effective marketing attribution approaches in more detail including, for example:
- How to measure the impact of a channel (for a range of channels)
- Setting your marketing budget
- Optimising the customer journey
Can we help?
In the meantime, if you need help and support with your attribution tracking, please contact the team at e: email@example.com or t: 0203 287 5 387